Case Study: Indestructible Paint
A purchase within period flexible energy contract resulting in 22% in-contract savings and fully automated invoice validation
Indestructible paint is an independent specialist coating company dealing in the manufacture of engine coatings, air frame and defence paints and general industrial coatings.
Indestructible Paint Ltd continues to exceed customer expectations, through a speciality in manufacturing high quality, high performance materials, paints and coatings. They continue to focus on improving their people, processes and aerospace coatings solutions. They do so through product innovation and customer-orientated, collaborative research. At Indestructible Paint, they work closely with their client base. This allows them to meet, and anticipate, changing market pressures, environmental issues and legislation.
They continue to increase their market share globally through the help of their ever-growing distributor network. As well as their outstanding customer service. They enhance knowledge, delivery and service through continued investment. All whilst maintaining their social and environmental obligations.
The National Energy Hub was referred to Indestructible Paint by another client after looking to create a new purchasing strategy for their new production line.
After an initial review we found:
- On a fixed term contract with a +/- 20% volume tolerance
- Non energy costs fixed with a large risk premium
- Current gas rates from 2.8p/kWh
- Multiple suppliers with staggered end dates
- Managed by a transactional energy broker with no value added services or support
- A purchase within period purchasing arrangement for their energy via The National Energy Hub’s energy buying group
- Water tender undertaken with 8 water retailers
- Streamlined payment terms with consolidated billing
- Invoices collected directly from the supplier and validated by The National Energy Hub each month, with discrepancies and invoice disputes resolved prior to payment
- A New Charges Report sent in csv format to the client accounts team after validation and within 5 days of the bill issue
- Access to our Multi Award Winning and market leading multi-utility portal to view energy market movement, facilities / site information, budgets, accruals and more
- Invoice reconciliation management with direct link to their accounts and month-end ledger
- M&T for energy usage and volume tolerance
- One supplier nominated per fuel with one common end date
- PWP energy strategy resulting in 22% in-contract savings for gas
- Purchase in advance energy strategy for electricity resulting in an 18% saving
- Water procurement savings in excess of 6.16% per annum
- Energy lifecycle management: from invoice collection and validation to payments