Case Study: Robust UK
15% annual savings for the leading supplier of steel door solutions with full Energy Life Cycle Management
Robust UK are the leading supplier of steel door solutions, offering a wide range of products in both the Industrial and Commercial sectors.
With over forty years’ experience in custom-made steel door solutions, Robust UK are the leading supplier of steel door solutions in the UK. They offer a wide range of products to suit your purpose in both the Industrial and Commercial sectors. Their whole product range is manufactured on their UK site, based in Longton, Stoke-on-Trent.
Their doors are ideally used for projects within the transport, education, health, housing, industrial, warehousing and utilities markets; whether it’s for a new build or a refurbishment project, Robust UK has you covered.
The National Energy Hub were contacted by Robust UK after receiving a poor service from their existing consultant. With meter read disputes and a new site, Robust were seeking an energy partner to assist with, not just the procurement of energy and a risk managed strategy, but a fully managed service from automated invoice validation and volume tolerance monitoring and targeting.
After an initial review we found:
- Two broker offers on a fixed energy/commodity only contract
- Non energy costs were passed through for duration
- Gas rates offered from 3.6p/kWh
- Multiple suppliers with staggered end dates
- Managed by a transactional energy broker with no value added services or support
- A forward purchasing arrangement for their energy procurement
- Streamlined payment terms with consolidated billing
- Invoices collected directly from the supplier and validated by The National Energy Hub each month, with discrepancies and invoice disputes resolved prior to payment
- A New Charges Report sent in csv format to the client accounts team after validation and within 5 days of the bill issue
- Access to our Multi Award Winning and market leading multi-utility portal to view energy market movement, facilities / site information, budgets, accruals and more
- M&T for energy usage and volume tolerance
- One supplier nominated per fuel with one common end date
- Flexible energy contracts enabling the client to multiple purchasing decisions throughout the contract
- Gas savings exceeding 15.02% compared to their existing brokers offer
- Electricity savings exceeding 7.65% compared to their existing brokers offer
- Energy lifecycle management: from invoice collection and validation to payments